The Personal Trainer’s purpose is to build a client base that contributes to departmental revenues by maintaining an existing client base, marketing programs and services, and utilizing the highest quality of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a personal commitment to meeting the needs of members and guests.
- Demonstrate correct use of all weight and cardiovascular equipment.
- Conduct client interviews and counsel members on exercise recommendations based on fitness evaluations as well as members’ needs and goals.
- Conduct a minimum of 25 personal training sessions per week (average) after 120 days of employment.
- Assist in development and implementation of club programs and events.
- Participate in all staff related meetings and other required activities.
- Behave as a role model by leading and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times when working with members.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Dress professionally, according to the current dress code standards.
- Perform a customer service role by assisting members in monitoring their exercise programs, encouraging members to reach their fitness and wellness goals, and handling member concerns and complaints quickly and effectively.
- Actively market and promote personal training to acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Encourage members to take advantage of other club services and programs.
- Recommend changes for programming and services in line with current market trends.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Must be able to market personal training and obtain clients.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise science or a related field and at least two years experience in a similar position; or a Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a combination of education and experience
- Nationally recognized personal training certification from NSCA or ACSM preferred. Other certifying bodies will be considered.
- Must have current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire)
Must be able to physically or verbally demonstrate proper usage of equipment. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms and hands; and hear or talk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)