The Personal Training Manager is responsible for the administration of the existing personal training department while having the vision to drive the program to its full potential. Most importantly the Personal Training Manager Must reach and exceed sales goals of training. The Personal Training Manager is responsible for developing systems and implementing processes that assure that all clients are being serviced and all personal trainers are developing the skills to grow their businesses. Responsibilities include all hiring, developing and retention of personal trainers. Must make sure each trainer is qualified, knowledgeable, responsible, and functioning with the best "quality" control in mind. Must communicate with trainers and act as a liaison between Corporate Site Managers, Special Services Managers and the Director of Corporate and Special Services. Must provide biweekly, quarterly, and annual reports on such issues as budget and customer service. Must return and/or resolve customer concerns. Must work closely with Director of Corporate and Special Services to create marketing plans and generate new business/new sites as needed. The position requires some travel to different corporate locations. The Personal Training Manager must work closely with the Director of Corporate and Special Services to achieve and maintain the standards of excellence set forth by the company.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Sales experience
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Commercial fitness experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional Certification (ACE, ACSM, or similar) preferred
- Sell PT Membership Packages
- Schedule, supervise, and evaluate training staff, ensuring program quality
- Recruit, interview, hire and train personal training staff
- Implement company services at secured sites
- Work in partnership with Site Managers to develop and grow the personal training program
- Perform personal training if necessary
- Provide administrative and customer support for the sites and headquarters
- Manage budgets for the sites
- Produce monthly operating reports, including income/expense, participant retention, and participant satisfaction
- Drive the personal training program to increase bottom line revenue and growth
- Be a team player and perform additional duties as needed
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)