The Group Fitness Instructor will lead and motivate members in a group environment through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised. The Group Fitness Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness.
- Leads and delivers group fitness classes based on industry standards and approved formats that begin and end promptly, and adheres to the format, standards, and times scheduled.
- Instructs participants on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises, identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods and modifications.
- Provides verbal instructions that are clear and ensure that the volume, tempo of music and overall atmosphere is motivational and conducive to hearing, teaching, learning and having fun.
- Coaches and motivate class participants to achieve fitness goals and continually monitors for signs of injury, illness or overexertion.
- Interacts with participants, answers questions, introduce/orient new participants, generates and maintains a positive exercise experience, and solicits feedback in order to maintain long-term participation and member retention.
- Ensures all participants are using correct form during class and offers modifications and variations of the activities to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Maintains and demonstrates a positive and professional attitude towards his/her responsibilities, fellow associates, members, and guests.
- Represents and promotes World Gym group exercise in a professional manner and adheres to appropriate fitness attire for demonstrating proper form, alignment and movement of the body, and refrains from attire that is revealing in an inappropriate manner.
- Consistently delivers scheduled class as posted on schedule and actively coordinate and schedule a qualified/approved substitute Group Exercise Instructor in the event of necessary absence in order to avoid any cancellations.
- Provides legally purchased music appropriate for the class format, and refrain from using music that contains foul or offensive language.
- Ensures all equipment is functioning correctly and have microphones are in working order.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the group exercise room by ensuring equipment is put away and sound system is turned off when not in use.
- Promptly notifies management of any equipment or facility repair needs.
- Prepares any incident and/or witness reports as necessary in the event of accidents.
- Accurately and consistently records hours worked and class attendance information submitted to the Fitness Manager in a timely manner.
- Attends all required staff meetings as necessary and willingness to attend training in order to maintain teaching skills or improve/expand current skill level.
- Uphold the company's vision, mission, values and code of conduct and also comply with all World Gym policies and procedures.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Certifications necessary to teach assigned courses
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Fitness/gym experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
The primary working environment in a fitness facility, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy equipment and weights, fitness machines, loud noises, and potential flying objects. Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment.
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)