Here at World Gym, we make our members feel welcome and well taken care of. World Gym strives to bring out the best of every person that walks through the doors. The purpose of the job of the Front Desk Representative is to help the member accomplish their fitness goals and provide exceptional customer service. Success will be measured by the incumbent’s ability to present a positive attitude at all times, stay organized, deliver superior customer service and think of their feet.
- Enthusiastically greets each members and guests promptly using the proper greeting for time of day to create a friendly positive entrance and departure to and from the gym.
- Provides security and control to the front door and retail area of the facility.
- Personally, checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and attempts to collect payment.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate fitness consultant in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone promptly in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone greeting techniques.
- Addresses caller's requests and/or takes appropriate messages noting caller's name, call back number and reason for call.
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the script pad and transfers the call to the appropriate fitness consultants.
- Books Fitness Orientations for Personal Trainers.
- Responsible for following up on telephone inquiries to ensure callers needs were addressed.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Reserves time/makes appointments for special classes or other activities sponsored by the gym.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Assists members and guests with value-add services, such as tanning and hydro massage.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Responsible for gym walk-thru upon arrival and departure.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Follows and reports any safety concerns.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally, non-verbally, and in writing
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new computer programs
- Must be able to multi-task
- Have open availability (may include early morning, late night, and/or weekend shifts)
- Retail and cash handling experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
The primary working environment in a fitness facility, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy equipment and weights, fitness machines, loud noises, and potential flying objects. Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment.
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)