Here at World Gym, we make our members feel welcome and well taken care of. World Gym strives to bring out the best of every person that walks through the doors. The purpose of the role of the Kids Club Representative is to ensure the safety of our kid’s club children. Putting the children first and providing a safe, comfortable and loving environment.
- Cares for children in a defined area of the gym for the attending member(s).
- Organizes and participates in recreational activities, such as games.
- Reads to children, and teaches them simple painting, drawing, crafts, and songs
- Care for special needs children as needed to include securing the children in equipment, such as chairs and slings
- Organizes and stores toys and materials to ensure order in Kids Club area
- Must portray a fun and energetic demeanor
- Sanitizes toys, play equipment, and complete the daily cleaning checklist
- Helps plan age appropriate activities on a weekly basis
- Ensures that all necessary paperwork is completed as needed to include: accident reports, sign in sheets, weekly tally sheets, and opening and closing sheets
- Attends all required staff meetings
- Pages parent/guardian if necessary to attend to discipline issues and attend to personal needs (diaper changing, changing clothes, restroom assistance)
- Ensures parents are adhering to the Kids Club policies and signs child in and out of facility
- Ensures that all safety precautions are taken when receiving and releasing children to the parent/legal guardian by using the Parental ID check in process.
- Must ensure no drinks or foods are in the Kids Club
- Must be accountable for children at all times
- Additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification – Infant and Child certification
- Excellent communication with children
- Excellent communication with adults
- Possess the ability to make children feel secure
- Have open availability (may include early morning, late night, and/or weekend shifts)
- Fitness/gym experience
- Child Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
The primary working environment in a fitness facility, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy equipment and weights, fitness machines, loud noises, and potential flying objects. Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment.
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)