The purpose of the Personal Trainer is to Make a difference and guide clients on their journey to reach their personal fitness goals. When you join our team as a personal trainer you will be part of a team that prides itself on creating a comfortable and safe space for people to make the differences they want in their life. Success will be measured by the Personal Trainer’s ability to maintain agreed upon client volume, generate revenues of the training program, and maintain the WG code of conduct.
- Provide personal evaluations to clients on their fitness level by reviewing their abilities, physical condition and overall health to ensure that all fitness plans are suitable.
- Create personalized fitness routines that assist clients in reaching their fitness goals while remaining suitable to their current physical abilities.
- Teach clients on the proper techniques for all exercises, especially when using more complicated equipment, to minimize the risk of injury.
- Monitor clients on their status and make changes to their individual fitness plans based on any physical changes and increased or decreased fitness levels.
- Enforce all gym policies and safety rules to reduce the chance of any accidents and to maintain a safe and comfortable environment in which clients can exercise.
- Clean and maintain all fitness equipment so that it is ready for clients to use at any time.
- Attend team and facility meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in Personal Training sales in order for monthly goals to be met.
- Support all department and club promotions, programs, and campaigns.
- Ensure client scheduling is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure professionalism by showing up on time for clients and/or any classes the trainer teaches.
- Maintain client folders with routines, workout schedules, and any additional training information
- Maintain continuing education and leadership as outlined by World Gym.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications & Education
Required All Levels:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CPR and AED Certified
- Approved Certification from a World Gym recognized organization (NSCA, ACE, NASM)
- WG Athletics Certification (90-day window to get certified upon hire)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computers skills
- WG Athletics approved Coach
- Related Degree (Associates or Bachelor’s)
- Minimum 60 trainings per month for 3 months.
- Active Coach for WGA
- Related Degree (Associates or Bachelor’s)
- Minimum 80 trainings per month for 3 months.
- Certified and Coaching Management
Preferred All Levels:
- BS in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or associated field
- Experience as a trainer or strength coach is preferred
- Experience in sales
- Familiar with coaching group classes
The primary working environment in a fitness facility, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy equipment and weights, fitness machines, loud noises, and potential flying objects. Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment.
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)