Front Desk Associate (FDA) – Job Description & Requirements
The Front Desk Associate is the face of the gym and one of our most important positions. The FDA is the first person a member or guest sees when they enter the gym, and the last person they see when they leave. Greeting existing and prospective members quickly and with a smile and warm friendly attitude as they enter the facility is extremely important. We want them to know we are happy they are here. The FDA is responsible for quickly and efficiently assisting the member or guest to ensure that their needs are met quickly and efficiently and that they have a pleasant and satisfying experience. Top notch customer service is key for the FDA, as anything less is unacceptable. The FDA is responsible for many tasks and duties inside the gym. A list of those duties, responsibilities and expectations is provided and the FDA is he/she is accountable to them.
- Meet & greet anyone who enters the gym quickly and professionally with a friendly attitude and a smile.
- Immediately approach any member or guest so that you can quickly and efficiently assist them with whatever it is they need.
- Answer the phone in 3 rings or less with a friendly attitude, using the script provided. “Thank you for calling World Gym, this is Joe, how many I help you?” Handle the call efficiently and professionally or transfer the call to the appropriate staff members.
- Performing various administrative tasks such as filing agreements, taking past due payments, updating billing or contact info, etc.
- Touring EVERY guest through the facility and presenting and explaining membership options and terms.
- Completing the enrollment process for all new members.
- Setting fitness assessment appointments for every new member with the PT Manager.
- Cleaning tasks, locker room checks, stocking inventory, making smoothies, ringing up POS sales, etc.
- Ensuring all World Gym policies and procedures are adhered to and that members and fellow staff members are adhering to all policies and procedures as well.
- This highly motivated, detail-oriented individual should possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both members, guests and staff.
- This candidate should have a passion for fitness and helping others.
- Must be able to learn policies and procedures quickly and follow instructions.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment and the ability to multi task is a must.
- Basic math & verbal skills, understanding of basic accounting principles, cash processing procedures, inventory management, etc. are required.
- Computer skills and efficient typing ability required.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Manager (AM) and secondarily to the General Manger (GM).
High School Diploma and / or some college preferred.
Current CPR & AED Certification is required.
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym.
Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
World’s Gym is committed to always remaining a true gym, not a resort. This is the place for the serious, no-nonsense workout; where great shape is an authentic passion. We believe in empowering our members to lift themselves to greatness and letting confidence thrive while the mind and body grow strong. By offering expertise and state of the art equipment, we have the inspiration and tools to change lives.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)